background

Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday - December 21st

Good morning all!

Guess What! We had snow over the weekend! LOL

I will admit, at first, I doubted the forecasters. Then I was annoyed by the timing - I mean, how many of us were "completely ready" for Christmas?

On Friday, I went to the grocery store on Friday afternoon, along with 98% of the population of the metropolitan area. I was more than a little grumpy as I parked at the back of the parking lot, found a cart and made my way inside.

And then I stopped and looked around. I saw so many frowns and just a few smiles. I decided to put a smile on my face and join the minority. I didn't get upset at the crowded isles or long lines. My boss had mentioned that they always grill out when it snows - and that entire idea turned my mood around. I quickly decided to steal that idea and my hubby and I grilled hot dogs on the grill Saturday night and had tater tots and baked beans! It was fun - so much fun.

Even with all the shoveling - I never let my mood turn bad. I enjoyed the forced quiet a storm of this magnitude brings to our area - utter silence, except for the sound of falling snow. It's a magical time.

I'm going to have one heck of a scrapbook from this weekend!



1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Yes....a girl with the kind of attitude that I adore!!!! Yes...it is a lot of work digging out...but the beauty is breathtaking!!!!

Good for you and yes you will have some awesome scrapbook pages!!!

Have a great week!!! Love ya girlie!!! :-)