background

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Is In The Air.....

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, signs of spring are all around me! I feel like this winter has been hard on me emotionally. I long for the sun's warmth on my face, the feeling of accomplishment after doing the spring yard work of putting out flowers and new mulch, hanging baskets of pretty flowers on the porch....It's not far away, I can feel it in my bones! I want warm days so I can open the windows and air out the old winter smell from the house and then shut them and turn on the AC since I am such an AC kind of girl!

All the tests on my heart came back fine- as I suspected. Everything was in the normal range. The doctor told me that at peak exertion, my heart performs like that of a 30 year old - not bad for someone almost 49. Then he told me what I already know....I need to lose 20 pounds. He broke it down like this...2 pounds a month - in a year that's 24 pounds. Sounds easy...but I gain and lose the same 2 pounds every month! LOL

Work is busy - seems like there is never a slow period anymore. I truly don't enjoy my work anymore and it's time to look for something totally new - outside of the government contracting arena. Not sure what that would be, but it's something I plan on doing. Life is just too short to spend so much time doing something I don't enjoy - at least a little bit.

I did a little scrapping over the past weekend, nothing finished yet, but I'm trying something a little outside my normal - hopefully I'll find some time to finish these projects this weekend and get something up!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

The sun is shining here too sweet friend!!!! I can't wait to get outside and get my hands dirty and see the new landscaping that we are working on....remember the pipe that burst last year...well it took my beautiful yard with it...so I too am looking forward to Spring!!

So glad to hear that all the tests came back good....hey I will tell you what...I will lose that weight with you...we can do this...we can support one another!!!

Jobs are tough...I made a major career change in my late 30's and it was the best thing I could have done!!!

Wishing you a great day...don't foget we have got to set up meeting with one another...NO EXCUSES!! Love ya girlie!!

Cathy said...

I love an ice cold beer on a hot summer day laying by the pool. GO FIGURE!!

Glad your tests came back fine. I'm sure that makes you feel so much better.

Now go buy some Prima's to plant in your yard!! LOL