background

Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 13, 2014 - Snow Day!

It was a snow day. We don't get many significant snow storms in our area so I always try and find as much magic as I can. What I love most is the silence a major snow storm brings to our area. It isn't often you can HEAR the silence. It's magical and it doesn't happen nearly enough....silence that is.
 After the roads were cleared, the hubby and I went for a drive and it's always a time to grab the camera and grab some photos - it's what we do.

 This photo was taken around 5:30 am - before the plows got going and people were trying to get out. What is it about us that makes us think we HAVE to get to work, we MUST get out of the house? Why not enjoy your coffee, have breakfast with your family? Play in the snow with your kids?  The work will always be there. I know I don't do anything that is critical to anyone's survival - selling IT equipment and software to the govt does not make anyone's life better.
 15 inches was the measurement early this morning and it's snowing again.

 A pretty snow covered creek. Beautiful.
 Minion Dave took some time to enjoy the snow too.

Snow is beautiful.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I agree! Trying to go to work during snow & ice is an unnecessary risk - for way more folks than just the person driving.