Thursday, December 31, 2009
Happy New Year!
December 31st....New Years Eve.
A new year looms on the horizon. 2010 - Wow.....The last year in my 40's. In 2011 I'll turn 50!
I think this will be a great year. I'm not making resolutions...they never last and after all, each day is new and brings with it new challenges and rewards- so no resolutions for me.
I did pick a word for the year - Persevere - to persist in a state, enterprise, or undertaking in spite of counterinfluences, opposition, or discouragement. I picked this word because I tend to get overwhelmed when I'm faced with many stressful things at the same time. So I want to not over-react to things beyond my control, to take time to think things through before reacting, to persevere through any challenge and also keep up with doing things I know are good and healthy for me. I won't beat myself up if I miss a day of exercise, but realize tomorrow is new and I can always start over.
Some favorite things of 2009:
- Rick moving back home in May - at first it was an adjustment, but I have had many fun movements with my grown son these last few months. I've enjoyed his company.
- Surviving the renewal of my company's GSA schedule. GSA is the the most antiquated govt agency out there and it was a frustrating and maddening process, but on September 30, 2009, 14 months after beginning the process, I got our 5 year contract extension.
- Watching sweet Charles Bradford Leininger enter the world. Thank you Pam and Doug for allowing me that honor.
- Watching Rachel marry the man of her dreams, Noah.
- Watching Ashley marry her awesome Anthony.
- My annual beach trip with the "Cell".
- Kind of goofy - but I thought Susan Boyle was phenomenol....watching her WOW everyone with her voice was uplifting.
- Having Jocelyn find me through my blog - what a blessing she is. Even though we have not met in real life, her blog is uplifting, inspiring, thoughtful and a joy to read. Check her blog out.
- Watching La from the Freak begin a huge and exciting journey of weight loss.
- The Blizzard of 2009 - We had a white Christmas this year!
- I scrapped a lot this year.....I'm happy with my accomplishments. My last layout of 2009 - little surprise it's of Pam and her beautiful family.
It will be a quiet celebration this year, both Mike and I are sick so we are staying home and watching the last season of 24.
Happy New Year Everyone!