background

Sunday, November 18, 2012

What Happened to October????

Here it is ... days away from Thanksgiving and I realized how lax I have been in making a post. Yes, I'm sure that 100's of people have been wondering about me! LOL....Seriously, time flies - faster and faster.

October 11-15 I made my annual trip to Lavallette Beach, NJ to meet up with some dear, dear friends and a new friend.  Oh how I love the beach. The sound of the ocean. The feel of the salt air. It's just one of my most favorite places on earth.  Here are a couple of pics from that weekend.

But just a couple of weeks later, Hurricane Sandy made landfall there and the entire beach front has been decimated. Our beautiful Pennington managed to survive - she is one tough house - her basement will need to be gutted and redone, but other than that - no damage. Houses on either side suffered much damage and one is a total loss. I'm so very sad for the losses so many suffered there. But Jersey people are tough - they will rebuild. Keep the victims of the storm in your prayers.

In a few short days, Thanksgiving will be here and I have so very much to be thankful for.

But for now....enjoy these lovely pictures of Lavallette Beach, NJ and of my amazing friends, Lisa, Barb, Sandi, Mary Kay and Bear.














No comments: