background

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Weekend That Went Too Fast


Another weekend is almost over. It's been a good weekend...relaxing even!

On Saturday, I met my dear friends Rachel and Maria at Michael's and we spent nearly 2 hours gathering supplies to make advent wreaths. Mine actually turned into a new centerpiece for the kitchen table. We had potato chowder for lunch and exchanged sweet treats! I'll be taking my left over peanut butter balls to the office - can't leave them here! Too tempting.

On Sunday, we were going to finish hanging the lights across the front porch, but it was far too cold and windy. In fact, the wind blew the wreath off my door and I can't find anywhere! We already have all the lights up except for the snowflake lights that need to go across the front porch. I worked on Christmas cards and took a nap and watched TV. I did do one load of laundry, but I always feel so guilty when I just take time to rest! Later tonight, the hubby and I will watch Jeff Dunham.

Tomorrow it's back to work.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

It sounds as windy there as it is here in Kansas. Stuff has to be fastened down or it will blow down the street. I think you have a great start to the Christmas season.

Carla said...

What a nice relaxing weekend......and what a cute picture of you girls with your santa hats.