background

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Starting the Day....

For years, I've started my day he exact same way. Rarely deviating from the orderly steps I thought I could never function without.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to make some changes. Shake things up a bit.

Kind of like breakfast for the soul or taking time to say Good Morning to myself.

I am getting up a little earlier - and I get my coffee and sit and read or write in my journal. I work very hard to not think of work and what NEEDS to be done that day. I take time to feed my spirit, write down the zillions of things going through my head. Taking time to watch the sunrise.

Most days it makes a difference in my attitude - some days....I fall back into the frenzied and harried pace that others set for me and along with that the anxiety and stress comes rushing back in.

But I'm taking baby steps to break my lifelong habit of starting my day with reminding myself of the long and never hope to finish - Things I Have to Do list. Overwhelming myself before I even step out of the shower.

It's a hard habit to break - but I'm finding it a much more peaceful way to start the day.

So Good Morning! Enjoy your day!



2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Now you are talking....Being a counselor I always had suggestions for my clients...but rarely followed them!!!

I started doing the very same thing you are doing several years ago...Waking early in the morning, enjoying the sunrise, my coffee and prayer always seem to start the morning off on a better foot..I too slip and get pulled into the craziness of all the things on my plate...but the stress is just not worth it and it sets the day for negatives!!!

I am so proud of you and the growth that I have seen!!! Do you you!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Love ya sweet friend!!!

Lynette said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to start the day. Worrying about the day before it happens is frustrating. I read this at the right time because I had felt that today was filled with too many things to do. Once I stepped back, I realized it wasn't so bad after all. Thanks.