background

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up....

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.
~MayaAngelou


I'm really focusing on thinking positive and putting visions of reaching goals in my mind the past few months. I've realized there isn't much power in thinking..." I need to start exercising" or "I need to get that closet cleaned out"....so I make myself a short list of things I WILL do - not a list of everything I WANT to do and I do a little happy dance when I finish something. I take the time to enjoy a job well done instead of berate myself for what I didn't get done. And you know what? I'm much happier. I start each day by spending time journaling and writing and reading positive, encouraging books and blogs. I also work to really visualize myself reaching my goals and doing things I want to do - it does work...at least for me.

Last week I talked to two different online univerisities about the programs I am interested in pursuing and I decided to take some of the base courses here at the local community college and then transfer to the other schools to take the concentration courses. The next task is to pick two courses I want to take and get registered for those.

Did some purging of stuff this weekend....I'm taking steps in parting with things I really don't have any attachment to and don't need. Such a good feeling to be getting rid of stuff.

I also got to do some scrapping this weekend, but I can't show it because it's Design Team stuff for Sketches by Tamara.


I also went to the Coach Outlet....again....I have got to stay away from that place. It's like drugs to an addict....I just love that place and yes...I bought ANOTHER purse, but I got 6 other purses out of my closet and put them in the donation pile!!!!

So, as much as I don't want the weekend to end....next week will be another adventure and have opportunities for me to rise above and keep walking on the path to creating me.


Here are few pics I took a couple of years ago....it just feels odd to not have any pics in a post. On the butterfly pic...notice the bee that was flying into the picture...one of those get lucky type of shots.


Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great photo, I hadn't noticed the bee. I know what you mean about it feeling strange not to post a picture.

Jocelyn said...

Just adore the pic....and look at you go...another COACH bag, in fact you are talking to another COACH ADDICT...

I'll tell you what...we need to trade our older ones off to one another!!!

So glad to see the positives and I love the to do list....Nothing is better than to scratch one thing off the list!!

Wishing you a Fabulous week sweet friend!!!