background

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday - May 14th - Day 6 of South Beach

Happy weekend! It's raining here in Virginia - and I think we will have rain for a few days. Glad we got the grass cut on Thursday evening.

So far, so good on the SB Diet (can't call it SBD - whole other meaning - lol) - My cravings for sweet things and carbs are definitely down - I'm not as anxious. During the week I think it's easier because there is routine - I'm hoping the weekends are not a struggle.

Ready for the number today? I'm down 4 pounds since Monday! I think I squealed a little on the scale this morning! One more week of Phase I and then we begin adding more foods back to our diet. I do miss fruit. I could SMELL the strawberries in the grocery store last night - they were calling my name. But I quickly steered the cart toward the squash and lettuce.

My favorite way to eat zucchini and yellow squash is to chop them in chunks, add sweet red pepper and onion, drizzle with olive oil and spices and roast them in the oven. I personally like them a little crispy on the edges - We eat them like that almost every night!

Wish me luck over the weekend - I'm hoping for another good report on weight loss.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

CK Photo said...

Good luck, you can do this. I am 2 pounds from my goal and now it is going sooooo slowly. It may be July before I see it, but I know it is worth it.

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Great job!

We grill our squash pretty much the same way. LOVE it.

Can you eat asparagus? It's really yummy the same way!