background

Monday, January 2, 2012

HELLO 2012!


Happy New Year everyone!

Yes, it's been a while since I updated my blog - but here I am!

My 2012 Word is - CULTIVATE. I put a lot of effort into selecting this word, in fact, I had almost decided to NOT have a word this year - nothing seems to click.

Last year my word was FOUNDATION. I wanted to build a solid foundation in my life in three areas: Mental, Physical and Spiritual.

This year I want to expand those areas and really pour into those same areas and add one more: Photography.

So with the definition of CULTIVATE being:

a. To improve and prepare by plowing or fertilizing.
b. To loosen or dig soil around (growing plants).
2. To grow or tend (a plant or crop).
3. To promote the growth of (a biological culture).
4. To nurture; foster.
5. To form and refine, as by education.
6. To seek the acquaintance or goodwill of; make friends with.

This word really describes how I want to continue to grow and nurture these areas of my life - to prune and weed the areas that need attention, to fertilize those areas by learning and doing things that are good for me.

Next week I start Body Restoration with Brave Girls and on February 1st I will be taking a class by Joanne Sharpe on lettering, and I will be doing some other online courses that are photography based.

Looking forward to 2012 and it's changes and challenges - Bring It On!


No comments: