background

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week Wrap Up

First week of 2013 in the books.

Even though it was a short work week, it still felt like 5 days. I hope that doesn't mean next week will feel even longer!

We aren't big on going out on New Years, so it was just us at home, drinking some sparkletini and having some snacks. It was a nice evening.

But I do love the feeling of a fresh start that comes with the New Year!  I really think I'd benefit from taking that first week off - just to get things set up for the year - kind of make a to-do list for the year.


I've been exercising and cleaning up our diets - getting rid of all the junk and just trying to be mindful of taking better care of myself and helping the hubby too. I used to love exercise - I used to be one of those gym rat girls - but sometimes life rearranges your priorities and you get out of a routine and it's so difficult to reinvigorate yourself to work at the same level.  Also, aging joints have a big part of that - it takes longer to see results and I'll admit, this is one area I need to see some instant gratification. But I did work out 3 times this week. If I can maintain 3 times a week through January, I'll be thrilled.

On Saturday night we had our church plant meeting and actually did a dry run of setting up the house for our first, official, preview service on January 26th. So excited to see what God will do with Skyline church this year. Still have to pinch myself to make sure this is really happening! I'll be updating regularly and will be sure to announce our bigger preview services this spring.

One thing I enjoy doing is sharing positive, motivational, encouraging words on Facebook. This week, this saying by Zig Ziglar was my favorite. It describes where I am in my life right now.  Some people get an early start in life on doing something that they feel is worthwhile and me - well - It took me longer. Remember, you are never too old to start really living an unleashed life!





Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday - Happy 52nd Birthday honey! Love you.

Everyone have a great week!

No comments: